As more of our day-to-day is spent on social media, online shopping, going down digital rabbit holes (hello, Wikipedia!), and staying in touch with our tribe, it’s important to be on the lookout for dangers that might arise.
These modern-day, digital equivalents of pickpockets might steal your identity, make fraudulent transactions to your bank accounts, or wreak general financial havoc. Yikes. Here are 6 tricks to look out for.
IN THIS ARTICLE
- Speed up payment for government financial assistance 💸
- Avoid propaganda sites 🚫
- Trust your hunch about shady apps 🤔
- Keep your password to yourself 🔒
- Beware of tax preparer scams 📊
- Know the difference between Identity theft versus fraud ✅
- Staying vigilant is key 👀